I am like one of those lizards when you rip off their tails and it can grow back. Or I should say writing is like that for me. It gives me the superhuman ability to regenerate all that's been ripped off by a careless 5-year-old for fun in the backyard.
I heard this quote today on a TV show of all places but it stuck with me: "You know when you go to a club and get a stamp on the hand and that means you don't have to pay again? Love is like that. You don't have to pay again."
It's know this quote is so cheezy. It's was probably written by someone who labored over a computer screen for hours, but for some reason I need to write it to heal myself.
I wish to God that love wasn't like that stamp on the hand. That the person who ripped off your tail for fun couldn't just come running into your mind anytime you were drunk or tipsy or lonely or just missing them for no good stupid reason.
Why can't it be simple? Boy sees girl. Boy clubs girl over the head, girl passes out from blood loss, boy drags girl back to cave, end of story.
But no. It's boy meets girl, girl falls hopelessly in love for the first time, boy is a fucking moron douche bag, girl chases and chases and chases and realizes it's just her tail and she's lost boy for good.
Ah but what is love if it doesn't make you want to tear your own heart out? Still not healed. Maybe it's magic and it doesn't work when it's almost 3 am and you're incapable of stringing coherent sentences together for lack of sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment