So I'm newly seperated (from my roommate that is). While she left me with boxes to pack of her belongings, she also left me with bitterness towards anyone I might have to sign a lease with ever again.
With that in mind, I'm striking it out on my own in the real estate world. That's right folks, I'm going alone, for the first time in an apartment of my very own. Now that I own more than just bedding and an alarm clock this does not scare me too much. However, I realize that apartment hunting may not be as easy an undertaking as I once believe it was.
My search began online. The places that were initially came up were classy and way out of my price range. I realized quickly that I would have to become a mail order bride to afford even half. Or sell pictures of myself online....double Yikes....but then I wander across Savannah Trails. Sounds nice right? I was instantly surprised that I found such a cute place that was affordable (Shock!) Outside looks nice, inside looked pretty good too from the pictures. And then as I made a preliminary drive by the apartments, to feel it out before I go in, scenes from Boyz in the Hood flashed through my mind. Was that a body floating in the "great pool and Jacuzzi!" Oh dear....this may not be good. When people spend more time outside their apartment smoking on the torn up lawn couch watching their kids play with hypodermic needles, something is either wrong with their parenting skills or the inside of their apartment. Maybe both.
Obviously I had received the Myspace angles of this place. You know the photos where it's placed just so that you get kind of excited because here's someone (or in my case something) who appears to be super hot and also interested in your not so fine self? I can only think to myself this will not end well.
Suddenly becoming a mail order bride sounds pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment