Monday, June 30, 2008

To call or not to call

Mmmm.....should I call? No no no. But should I call him? Just say hi. Howareya? Nononono! Bad idea. But I think I should call. Just to check on him.

Ah but she knows he will see her number and the pivotal moment will come when he answers or doesn't answer. And if he answers, his tone might be awkward, like "Oh, hi...yeah can I call you back?" Then you know he didn't remember your 210 area code. Or it might be like, "Hi, wow, how are you?" This is probably not going to happen. Men get over women much faster than we get over them. (see past 10 notes for examples) They're really only soft and vulnerable on TV and that's because their characters are written by women who want them to be like that.

Dang but you know I can usually only recall someone's area code, but I got his 214 number LOCKED in my head. I can't remember spanish verb conjugation but I will be 3 sheets to the fucking wind and I can not only tell you what his number is, I could probably tell you his birthdate and driver's license number too.

Ah but I won't call him. I have this rich fantasy of looking ridiculously fantastic and running into him and being SO happy I never picked up the phone, because how cool and suave will I look then?

God this would be so much easier if I had a "move on" button.

No comments: