Monday, June 9, 2008

Always have a full roster

Alright, so being the dating guru that I am (and yet like the shoemaker's children, I am shoeless, or dateless) I have come up with yet another epiphany for my book of dating secrets.

After yet another successful first date and no following second date, I have realized two things. First off, I have put "fooling around" next to "getting drunk" under the column, "THINGS I SHOULD NOT DO ON THE FIRST DATE."

Secondly, I realized that many good sports teams have not just one great player but a few that can carry the game if the star is injured. Therefore, I have decided that it works in my best interest to keep my roster full. Have a relief pitcher when I do get drunk AND fool around on the first date. So when my star player forgets to call, or moves to another city or changes his number, or won't answer the phone when I am standing outside his house and I know he is there because his bedroom light is on, I can call the relief pitcher, my second string daters to keep me from the crazies.

Take a note ladies! Always have a full roster.

No comments: